Low FODMAP, Vegan Lentil and Quinoa Curried Burgers with Tahini Slaw
Low FODMAP, Vegan Lentil and Quinoa Curried Burgers with a zesty tahini slaw. These gut friendly burgers tick all the boxes. Serve them with our Smashed Crispy Cajun Potatoes for the ultimate satisfaction factor.
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Curried Lentil and Quinoa Burgers
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 6 heaped tsp Butter Me Up Spice Mix
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/4 cup parsley or coriander chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- 6 x gluten free burger buns
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
Curried Lentil and Quinoa Patties
- Add quinoa and lentils to a pot with 3 cups of water, 3 tsp butter me up. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine carrot, parsley, 3 tsp butter chicken, tomato paste, salt and pepper
- Form into patties with hands. Add oil to a fry pan and fry each patty for a couple minutes on each side or until golden.
- Combine the lemon juice, maple syrup, tahini in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Toss with the cabbage, carrots and herbs and season to taste.
To serve: Place a curried lentil and quinoa patty on a gluten free burger bun, top with tahini slaw and extra dressing if desired.