Smashed Crispy Cajun Potatoes
No more boring potatoes! Spice it up with our beautifully crisp and flavour packed, smashed Cajun potatoes. WARNING: After you try these, you’re never going to want to go back to the ordinary boiled potato.
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP accredited Dietitian
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 500g baby potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons ‘For Every O’Cajun’ Spice mix
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the potatoes and cook for approximately 12 minutes. The potatoes should be tender but not mushy.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Drain the potatoes once cooked and let them cool slightly.
- Whilst waiting for potatoes to cool, in a big mixing bowl mix together melted butter and Cajun spice mix.
- Once cool enough, gently press one potato at a time in between both palms to flatten slightly. Add the potatoes to the buttery Cajun spice mix and coat.
- Arrange the coated potatoes on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy.