Low FODMAP Creamy Salmon Pasta
Feast your taste buds over this low FODMAP creamy salmon pasta. This pasta is decant and full of flavour with a Cajun spice. It’s perfect for entertaining this winter and no-one will ever know it’s sans garlic and onion!
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 4 tbsp For Every O’cajun seasoning
- Garlic infused olive oil
- 480g salmon fillets, boneless
- 1x courgette, thinly sliced
- 1x capsicum diced into 1cm cubes
- 350g packet of gluten free spaghetti
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup Low FODMAP chicken broth
- 3/4 cup cream or coconut cream for lactose free option
- 1/2 cup diced canned tomatoes
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Grated parmesan cheese to serve
- Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Rub salmon with 1-2 Tbsp of cajun season.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan and once hot, add salmon filets. Cook skin side down for 4 min or until crispy. Turn the fillets over and cook for an additional 3-6 minutes, or to your liking. Once cooked, remove salmon from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan if needed (don’t wipe the pan out), then add the remaining Cajun seasoning, courgette and capsicum to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, put a large pot of salted water on to boil. Once boiled add pasta and cook to packet instructions.
- Add half of the chicken broth to the pan with the courgette and capsicum and whisk the remaining chicken broth with cornstarch until smooth. Add to the pan along with heavy cream, diced tomatoes and capers. Bring the sauce to a simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, remove any bones from the salmon fillet.
- Reduce heat to low and add salmon back to the skillet, breaking the salmon up into chunks with a spatula or fork and cook a minute or so to heat through. Add the drained pasta to the creamy salmon sauce and mix to combine. Add lemon juice and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a chopped fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.