Low FODMAP Spiced Carrot and Parsnip Soup
Heat up those cold winter nights with a bowl of our Low FODMAP Spiced Carrot and Parsnip Soup. This soup is deliciously creamy with just the right amount of sweet and spice. We love this served with a warm loaf of fresh sourdough bread.
Author: Kate Nicholls, Nutritionist
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC fan bake
- Chop the carrots, parsnips and potatoes into 1cm cubes and place into a large roasting dish. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle over 2 tbsp of Butter Me Up Spice Mix and toss to combine. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once vegetables are cooked, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of Butter Me Up Spice Mix and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add grated ginger and fry for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup of coconut cream to the pot and stir until a paste is formed.
- Add the remaining tin of coconut cream, roast vegetables and vegetable stock to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir through lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a stick blender to bend until smooth.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with toasted sourdough or an alternative low FODMAP bread.