Low FODMAP Burrito Bowl
Ready in under 20 minutes, these low FODMAP burrito bowls are perfect for a quick and easy ‘throw together’ lunch or dinner all year round. We love these bowls as they are so adaptable. You may like to swap in any low FODMAP vegetables you have lying around such as grated carrot, sliced cucumber or pan fried courgette.
Author: Alice Bleathman – Dietitian (Australia)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- Olive oil or garlic infused oil
- 4 tablespoons of Na’cho Problem Mexican spice mix
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 cup corn, rinsed
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 microwavable cups of brown rice
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 limes
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach, Corn chips and lactose free yoghurt or sour cream to serve
- Optional: Coriander to garnish
- Heat a medium sized fry pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, add beef mince and fry until brown. Add in ‘Na’cho Problem’ Mexican spice mix and fry the beef for a further 2-3 minutes. Note: you may want to add in some water here as well if the mixture looks dry.
- Place rice in the microwave or cook according to instructions.
- Assemble your Burrito bowls: Divide the rice between all four bowls and top with cooked mince, corn, black beans, diced capsicum, sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes and baby spinach.
- Serve with 1/2 lime, corn chips and a dollop of yoghurt or sour cream.
- Option to garnish with coriander