Low FODMAP Shakshuka
Low FODMAP Shakshuka is one of our family favourites; eggs cooked in a flavourful sauce, served with a slice of warm sourdough. Ready in less than 15 minutes.
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Cook time: 15 min
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or garlic infused oil
- 1 tablespoon The Friendly Food Co ‘Na’cho Problem’ spice mix
- 1 teaspoon The Friendly Food Co For Every O’Cajun Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1x can 400g crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- 4x free-range eggs
- 40g feta crumbled
- ½ cup coriander or parsley chopped
- Sourdough to serve (or gluten free bread if needed)
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium sized fry-pan on medium heat. Add Na’cho Problem spice mix and For Every O’Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and water to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Crack the eggs into the sauce and cover with a lid. Cook for about 2 minutes until the egg whites are just set or longer if you prefer a firmer yolk.
- To serve, divide the sauce and eggs between two plates. Top with crumbled feta, garnish with coriander or parsley and serve with warmed pita bread on the side.