Low FODMAP Cajun, Courgette, Carrot & Corn Fritters
Makes 12 – 16 Fritters
We’ve put our Friendly Food Co flare on the classic Kiwi corn fritter. We like to call these the 4 C fritters A.K.A low FODMAP Cajun, courgette, carrot & corn fritters (it’s a mouthful). They have just the perfect amount of spice and will be a delicious gut-friendly recipe this up BBQ season.
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2x courgette, grated
- 2x carrot, grated
- 1 cup corn (we use frozen and defrosted corn)
- 1.5 Tbsp The Friendly Food Co. For Every O’cajun seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3-5 Tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 2 x spring onion, green tips only, finely chopped
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 free-range eggs
- Oil for cooking
- Grate and chop all ingredients according to instructions.
- Place the grated courgette and carrot in a clean tea towel and wring out the moisture from the vegetables as much as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, cajun seasoning, parmesan, lemon zest, basil and spring onion.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until all the vegetables are evenly coated. Stir in eggs until well combined.
- In a large fry pan, heat oil over medium to high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, spoon a few fritters into the pan being careful not to overcrowd them. Cook for 2-3 minutes on either side until both sides are golden. Repeat for the remainder of the mixutre.
- Serve your low fodmap fritters hot with a dollop of sour cream and fresh herbs.