Low FODMAP Polenta Crusted Cajun Fish Tacos
These low FODMAP fish tacos are divine! Crispy polenta crusted fish, fresh zingy salsa with a mild yet creamy chipotle sauce, all wraped up in a fresh corn tortilla. This will be a taco Tuesday favourite for sue!
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 500g white fish of choice (e.g. monk, snapper or blue cod)
- 3/4 cup polenta
- 3 tsp The Friendly Food Co. For Every O’cajun seasoning
- 1 egg
- 200g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup coriander and flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1x spring onion, green tips only, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tsp The Friendly Food Co ‘For Every O’Cajun’ Seasoning
- Optional fresh chilli, finely diced to taste
- 12 x soft corn tortillas
- ¼ head purple cabbage, finely chopped
- Coriander, roughly chopped
- Add polenta and Cajun seasoning to a bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg.
- Cut the fresh fish into individual pieces. We like pieces around 2 cm by 5 cm for more flavour. Note: the smaller the pieces the faster they will cook.
- Dip each piece of fish into the egg mix to coat and then into the polenta mixture to coat, then place on a plate. Repeat with each piece of fish.
- Prepare the tomato salsa by adding all the salsa ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare the chipotle sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mixing well. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. Add the coated fish pieces to the pan and cook either side for 3-4 minutes or until the outside is crispy and golden.
- Heat another pan over medium heat and add the tortillas one at a time. Heat for 30 seconds each side to warm.
- Assemble your tortillas by adding some cabbage, fish and tomato salsa to the tortilla. Finish with a drizzle of chipotle sauce and garnish with coriander.