Low FODMAP Potato Gratin
Warm up from the inside out with this warming, soul filling low FODMAP potato gratin. It’s cheesey, creamy and delicous. We couldn’t get enough of this one and we’re sure you’ll find the same too!
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups cream (use lactose-free if needed)
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1.25 kg starchy potatoes
- 3 Tbsp The Friendly Food Co. For Every O’cajun seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups gruyere cheese (or mozzarella), grated
- Pe-heat oven to 180 C
- Place cream and butter into a microwave proof jug and heat in the microwave for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir to combine.
- Peel potatoes and thinly slice them ~3mm thick.
- To assemble, spread 1/3 of the potatoes in a large baking dish, pour over 1/3 of the cream mixture, sprinkle over 1 Tbsp of cajun seasoning and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Repeat for the second and third layer.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes before serving.