Low FODMAP Butter Chicken Dumplings
Get ready for the ultimate Asian fusion! Low FODMAP butter chicken dumplings. Filled with marinated chicken in a creamy butter chicken sauce, creating a savoury, creamy, and satisfying bite-sized delight. Garnished with fresh herbs for a pop of colour.
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Butter Chicken Sauce
- Knob butter (or oil for dairy free option)
- 4 Tbsp The Friendly Food Co. Butter Me Up spice mix
- 1 heaped Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cream (or coconut cream for dairy free option)
- Dumpling wrappers (at least 30 sheets)
- 300g of chicken mince
- 2x Tbsp The Friendly Food Co. Butter Me Up spice mix
- 2x eggs
- Oil for frying
- Fresh coriander to serve (optional)
- Combine chicken mince, butter me up spice mix and egg in a medium sized bowl and mix until combined. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, make the butter chicken sauce. Melt butter in a pot or deep pan. Add spice mix and cook for 1 min. Add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes, stir and simmer for 5 min. Stir in the cream and simmer for a further 2 min. Add the sauce to a food processor or use a sick blender and blend until smooth. Set aside for serving.
- To make the dumplings, add a tsp of chicken mixture to the centre of a dumpling wrapper and fold by pinching all edges together at the top. Repeat until you have filled all dumplings.
- Add a drizzle of oil a large fry pan, add in the dumplings and cook for a few minutes or until golden on the bottom. Add 1 cup water to the fry pan or enough to just cover the dumplings. Cover with a lid and cook on high heat for 3 minutes or until water has almost evaporated. Lift the lid and fry for a further 2 minutes until crispy on the bottom. Depending on the size of your fry pan, the dumplings may need to be cooked in batches.
Serve dumplings hot with a drizzle of butter chicken sauce and garnish with fresh coriander.