Low FODMAP Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
After something to surprise your guests with? This delicious low FODMAP creamy cajun chicken pasta will do just that! With a little spice from our Cajun seasoning and creaminess from the coconut cream, your taste buds will be dancing and begging for more!
Author: Kelsey Paterson, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Olive oil
- 340g dried gluten free spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp garlic infused oil
- 2.5 Tbsp The Friendly Food Co ‘For Every O’Cajun’ Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp gluten free flour
- 250mL coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 1 tsp Low fodmap chicken stock
- 450g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup corn
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Grated parmesan to serve OR 3 tsp nutritional yeast for dairy free option
- Finely chopped parsley to serve
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add spaghetti and cook according to cooking instructions on packet.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, in a large fry pan or sauce pan, heat the garlic infused olive oil, add the Cajun seasoning, cooking for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in the flour, mixing to form a paste.
- Whisk in coconut cream and cashew milk until there are no lumps. Note: ensure heat isn’t too high as dairy free milk will separate.
- Stir in the chicken stock until combined then add the chicken, grated vegetables and corn and simmer on medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Drain the spaghetti and add spaghetti to cajun chicken pasta sauce along with the baby spinach and toss to coat.
- Divide pasta among 4 bowls and serve with grated parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast and a sprinkle of parsley.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Just a quick note that chicken is not included in your list of ingredients ☺️
Thanks for spotting this! We have added this now 🙂