Low FODMAP Marinated Paneer Skewers
Serves 4 as a side dish
Low FODMAP marinated paneer skewers are a delicious vegetarian and gut friendly dish for barbecue season! We love these skewers as is for a side dish with salad and potatoes or served on a bed of rice with pan tossed low FODMAP vegetables for a more hearty meal.
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 2 – 12 hours for marinating
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 300g Paneer
- 2 tbsp Butter Me Up, Butter Chicken Spice Mix
- 2 heaped tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup lactose free yoghurt
- ½ lemon juiced
- Season with salt and pepper
- ¼ cucumber, diced finely
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped fresh dill
- ¾ cup plain lactose free yoghurt
- A pinch of salt
Prepare the Marinated Skewers:
Note: Prepare the marinade at least 2-4 hours before cooking the tofu kebabs.
- Dice paneer into 2cm cubes.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the Butter Me Up spice mix, tomato paste, yoghurt, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the paneer, coating it in the marinade.
- Set aside for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours in the fridge.
- In a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients together until combined. Season to taste
- Set aside in the fridge until serving.
Putting it together:
- Thread the paneer onto skewers, reserving any excess marinade, and cook over a grill or in a fry pan on medium heat. Add the left over marinade and cook for about 10 min or until crisp on all sides.
- To serve, drizzle over the yoghurt sauce and serve as an appetiser with the yoghurt sauce and lemon wedges. Alternatively, serve on a bed of rice with pan tossed low FODMAP vegetables and yoghurt dressing.