This one is for all you Mexican food lovers out there. It’s cheesy, bursting with flavour, deliciously heart warming AND low FODMAP… need we say more?!
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP accredited Dietitian
Prep time: 5min
Cook time: 30 min
- Garlic infused oil or any oil of choice
- 300g Quorn vegetarian mince (we use Quorn made from Mycoprotein)
- 4 Tablespoon of The Friendly Food Co ‘Na’cho Problem’ spice mix
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1x can crushed tomatoes
- 2x carrots diced
- 1x canned corn
- Corn chips
- Grated cheese
- Coriander to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven on grill setting to high.
- Heat a drizzle of garlic infused oil in a large fry-pan on high heat. Add Na’cho Problem spice mix and cook for 1min until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes to the pan and cook for 1-2 min. Add in the diced carrot and cook for about 5 min until softened.
- Add the Quorn, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, as it cooks for 8-10 min or according to packet instructions.
- Stir through the corn and add ¼ cup water if needed depending on consistency and bring to a simmer.
- In a large casserole/baking dish, layer the bottom with corn chips and top with the Quorn Nacho mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Grill for about 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve Nachos with a dollop of sour cream and coriander to garnish.