Low FODMAP Cajun Hasselback Potatoes
If you hadn’t noticed already, For Every O’cajun and potatoes are one of our favourite low FODMAP combinations! Hasselback potatoes are a fun way to get flavour into your potatoes and they look the part too! This recipe will soon become one of your family’s favourite low FODMAP additions to any meal.
Author: Kelsey Paterson, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 500g medium sized floury potatoes
- 4 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil OR melted butter
- 1.5Tbsp For Every O’Cajun Seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Use 2 metal skewers or chop sticks and place the potato flat side down between the chop sticks. They should sit flush along the side of the potato.
- Slice through the potato (be careful not to cut all the way through on both ends). Make slices up to 0.5cm apart. Remove from the chop sticks or skewers and repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Put the potatoes cut-side up on a baking tray and drizzle over the oil. Rub each potato with your hands to coat well with garlic infused olive oil, getting some in between the slices. Sprinkle with for every o’cajun and rub in to make sure even distribution.
- Roast for 50 min until the potatoes are tender throughout and the tops are golden and crisp.
- Serve alongside some of your favourite low FODMAP salads and protein choice.