Low FODMAP Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Make 18 – 20 cookies
These low FODMAP peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are a healthy and delicious twist on classic chocolate chip cookie. They are soft and chewy with a nutty flavour with bursts of chocolate throughout. They are perfect for all our peanut butter chocolate lovers out there, and make a great snack or dessert.
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fine rolled oats
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, oats, coconut, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place them on the lined baking tray. Flatten them slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!