Kelsey's Favourite Low FODMAP Brownie
Makes 12 brownies
Nothing beats a classic warm chocolate brownie… and now you can enjoy one too, with Kelsey’s favourite low FODMAP brownie recipe. This one is also dairy and gluten free for everyone to enjoy. We’ve topped it with freeze dried raspberries, chocolate pieces, walnuts and pumpkin seeds for a Christmas look, but you can top it with whatever goodies your heart desires.
Author: Kelsey Paterson, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Photo by Kate Nicholls
Prep time: 10 min
Bake time: 30 – 40 min
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup rice bran oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3x eggs
- 3/4 cup gluten free raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Toppings: chocolate squares, raspberries, chopped nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C on fan bake and grease a 20cm square baking tin.
- In a medium sized bowl, add sugar, oil and vanilla essence and mix until combined
- Using a whisk, beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time.
- Fold in the cocoa powder and flour until combined.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking tin and top with your favourite toppings such as chocolate chunks, berries and chopped nuts. Then bake for 30-40 minutes. You may need to cover with tin foil half way through baking, to avoid the top from burning. If you prefer a gooier brownie, then pull your brownie out 5 minutes earlier.
- Wait for the brownie to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before removing it and cooling on a cooling rack. Slice into 12 squares and serve.
If you’re after another delicious low FODMAP sweet treat, check out our Low FODMAP Berry Ice Cream Slice recipe.