Low FODMAP Mexican Spiced Lamb Mince
Our low FODMAP Mexican Lamb Mince is a quick and easy throw together low FODMAP meal. The saying “team work makes the dream work” falls true with this recipe, with our Cajun and Mexican spice mixes working together to provide you with a beautiful flavour combination!
This recipe pairs well with our Two Ingredient gluten free, low fodmap flatbreads. These are quick in the oven, tasty and a good change from potatoes and rice.
Author: Kelsey Paterson, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 400g lamb mince
- 2 Tbsp of garlic infused oil
- 2 Tbsp Na’cho Problem Spice Mix
- 2 Tbsp For Every O’cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp low FODMAP beef stock
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 can tomatoes
- Green tips of 2-3 spring onions
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1/2 green capsicum (diced)
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 x courgette (grated)
- Heat garlic infused olive oil in a large fry pan on medium heat.
- Fry off the green tips of the spring onion along with the seasonings for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add mince to the pan and break it up in the pan so there are no large clumps.
- Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, canned tomatoes and stock powder. Add vegetables to pan and stir into the mince until well combined.
- Simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and the sauce has reduced.
- Season to taste and serve with out Two ingredient gluten free, low fodmap flatbreads