Low FODMAP Chicken Burrito
Spice up your lunch with our delicious low FODMAP chicken burrito! This one also makes for an easy low FODMAP breakfast or dinner option too. Packed full of flavour using a Mexican and Cajun blend, this recipe will not disappoint!
Author: Kelsey Paterson, Monash FODMAP trained Dietitian
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2-3 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil or butter
- 2 Tbsp Na’cho Problem Spice mix
- 3/4 Tbsp For Every O’Cajun Seasoning
- 4 x Gluten free tortillas
- ½ can tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 300g chicken breast
- ½ Cup Green spring onion tips
- 1 Cup Baby spinach
- 1 Grated carrot
- 1 Green capsicum diced
- ½ Cup Frozen corn kernels
- ¾ Cup Grated cheese
- ½ Avocado
- 1 x Fresh tomato
- Fresh parsley or coriander
- In a pan, add oil or butter along with the Mexican spice mix and Cajun seasoning. Fry off spices until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste. Add in diced capsicum, grated carrot and chicken breast (whole).
- Simmer for 10 min, rotate chicken breast to cook on both sides. If needed add a splash of water to keep the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Remove chicken breast from pan and take the mixture off the heat. Let the chicken cool a little before shredding with two forks.
- Add chicken back to mixture and return to heat. Add corn kernels to mixture and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- To assemble, add chicken mixture, spinach, diced tomato, avocado, chopped herbs and grated cheese to the wrap. Be careful not to overfill the burrito as it will then become challenging to roll up. To fold the tortilla, fold in both long ends before rolling into a burrito.
- Serve with some sour cream.