Who doesn’t love a crispy tortilla filled with cheesy goodness? Quick, easy and loaded with flavour, these quesadillas make for a perfect weeknight dinner option that the whole family will love!
Author: Bianca Berton-Scarlet, Monash FODMAP accredited Dietitian
Prep time: 5min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 tablespoons of The Friendly Food Co ‘Na’cho Problem’ spice mix
- 500g of lean beef mince
- 1x carrot grated
- 1x red capsicum diced
- 1 cup corn kernels (thawed from frozen, canned or sliced off the cob)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 12 small gluten-free tortillas
- 100g grated Cheese (Cheddar or Edam)
- 160g Sour Cream (optional)
- Coriander to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan-forced.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large fry pan over high heat. Add the beef mince and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until just browned (3-5 minutes).
- Add 4 Tbsp of Na’cho Problem, The Friendly Food Co spice mix. Cook and stir in for 1 min, add a splash of water if it starts sticking to the pan.
- Add grated carrot, diced capsicum, corn and cook for 5 minutes
- Add tomato paste, a splash of water and spinach and cook, stirring until combined, until spinach has wilted (1-2 minutes).
- Arrange the tortillas on a lined oven tray. Divide the beef mixture between the tortillas by spooning the mixture onto one half of each tortilla and top with a sprinkle cheese. Fold the empty half of each tortilla over and lightly press down to enclose the filling. Lightly spray (or brush) the top of each tortilla with olive oil.
- Bake the quesadillas for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are golden.
- Serve with a side of salad and a dollop of sour cream and garnish with coriander.